Chicago, IL Social Security Office
If you are having trouble finding the Social Security Office locations and phone numbers in Chicago, Illinois then you have come to the right place. This article will provide you complete details about the Chicago, IL Social Security Office. In addition, we will provide you with the address, phone number, and hours of operation for each location.
Also, if the Chicago office is not convenient for you, we will provide a list of other Social Security Administration office locations near you.
Table of Content:
- Need a New or Replacement Social Security Card?
- Chicago Social Security Office Information
- Social Security Office Hours
- Phone Number for Social Security Office
- Other Social Security Offices Near You
- 19 Social Security Tasks You Can Do Online (you don’t have to visit the office)
- Social Security Offices in the state of Illinois
Need a New or Replacement Social Security Card?
If you need a new or replacement Social Security card or need to change your name on your card due to marriage, we can help you.
See our guides below on how to get a new or replacement Social Security card, or change your name on your card after getting married.
Also, see below for a list of 19 Social Security services and tasks you can perform online without having to visit a Social Security office.
- Get a Replacement Social Security card (including online if eligible)
- Change Your Name on a Social Security Card (including after marriage)
- Get a New Social Security Card (for a newborn)
Social Security Office Locations in Chicago
Find the address, phone number, and hours of operation for the Social Security offices in Chicago, IL below:
There are 11 social security offices in Chicago:
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60630
4849 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago IL 60630
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60604
77 West Jackson Blvd
Chicago IL 60604
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60607
1233 West Adams
Chicago IL 60607
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60609
4631 S Ashland Ave
Chicago IL 60609
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60625
2127 Lawrence Ave
Chicago IL 60625
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60637
6338 S. Cottage Grove Ave
Chicago IL 60637
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60628
9115 S Cottage Grove
Chicago IL 60628
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60647
3260 W. Fullerton Ave
Chicago IL 60647
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60652
8658 S Sacramento Ave
Chicago IL 60652
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60623
2416 S Pulaski Road
Chicago IL 60623
Chicago, IL Social Security Office 60639
5130 West North Avenue
Chicago IL 60639
Chicago Social Security Office Hours
As of March 17, 2020, this office will be closed until further notice due to COVID-19.
However, the office is still accepting mail and online applications.
Monday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 12:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Except On Federal Holidays
Social Security Office Holidays
The Social Security Office in Chicago observes all federal holidays and will be closed during that time.
Here’s a list of all holidays that the office will be closed:
New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Chicago Social Security Office Phone Number
Here’s the number to call:
Other Social Security Offices Near You
7222 W Cermak Rd
Riverside IL 60546
230 North Mannheim Rd
Hillside IL 60162
10718 S Roberts Rd
Palos Hills IL 60465
216 Green Bay Road
Evanston IL 60201
418 Douglas Street
Hammond IN 46320
19 Social Security Tasks You Can Do Online
Why visit the Social Security office to get your Social Security issue resolved when you can do much of that online?
All you have to do is create a my Social Security account and you will be able to perform a wide range of services online, including applying for benefits.
Click here for a step by step instructions on how to create a my Social Security account.
You should also watch the video below from the Social Security Administration on how easy it is to create a my SocialSecurity account.
Here are the 19 most popular services and tasks you can perform online using your Social Security account:
- Apply for a New Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
- Change your Name on Social Security Card (After Marriage or Divorce)
- Correct a Social Security Card
- Change Your Address and Telephone Number with Social Security
- Review Your Social Security Earnings History
- Estimate Your Social Security Benefits
- Apply for Social Security Benefits
- Check the Status of Your Social Security Application
- Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits
- Appeal a Social Security Decision
- Set Up or Change Direct Deposit
- Pay an Overpayment
- Apply for Medicare Benefits
- Request a Replacement Medicare Card
- Print Social Security Benefits Verification Letter
- View Your Latest Social Security Statement
- Print Your 1099
- Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Social Security
Creating a “my Social Security” Online Account is easy
Creating a my Social Security account is easy.
The video below shows you how and also highlights the many benefits of having an online account.
Click here for our step-by-step instructions on how to create an account.
Illinois Social Security Offices
There are Social Security office locations in the following cities in the state of Illinois:
- Chicago Heights
- East Saint Louis
- Mount Prospect
- Mount Vernon
- Palos Hills
- Rock Island
- West Frankfort
If you have any questions about whether Social Security or Disability benefits, please ask us in the comments section below.
If you found this article helpful, please help us get the word out by sharing it using the “Share This” button below.